Valentine French Toast: Chocolate & Banana
- 2 slices of bread. If you want to switch it up, you can also use brioche.
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 dollop of Greek yogurt
- About 6 squares of Dark chocolate. You can use any chocolate you want (milk, white, praline etc)
- 1 teaspoon of caster sugar
- Break the eggs in a soup bowl.
- Whisk while adding a pinch of cinnamon and the vanilla extract.
- Dip in the toasts, press them down on each side until they soak up all the eggs.
- Place the squares of chocolate on one slice and put the second slice on top (like a chocolate sandwich)
- On a pan, at medium heat, add some butter and slice the banana on its length by half.
- Let it sizzle for a few minutes. Add the bread in the same pan. Turn them on each side until obtaining a light brown colour.
- Sprinkle the caster sugar on the one side of the sandwich and turn that side down. Leave it just for a few seconds only otherwise it will start to burn. This is to create a light caramel coating.
- Time to plate it up: Cut the sandwich by half. Place one banana slice on the plate in a shape of a moon crescent. Add one dollop of Greek yogurt on top. Place the second slice on the top of the yogurt in a T-shape, Allow half of the toast to sit on top to if and the other one on the side.
This recipe a la Jamie Oliver is the perfect Valentine Breakfast to give a little treat to your Mister or Misses. It’s tasty, healthy and sooooo easy to make.
TIP: You can even add some blueberries or raspberries on the side or sprinkle some crushed almonds or hazelnuts on top. Let your creativity guide you and have fun with it.